Saturday, August 28, 2010

Feeling Secure

Are you secure with your natural hair? When I first went natural, I'll admit I wasn't very secure about my hair. I was worried about the stares, the questions, and how I would be perceived. Luckily I didn't get too much of that. I remember getting asked by a co worker, if I was "sick" She said it so uncomfortably, like she knew she shouldn't have asked.

I told her "no, I just decided to start wearing my natural hair." Besides that I didn't get any other questions. This time around I'm a lot better about my hair. I'm more confident, I hold my head up, and I'm not afraid to walk out the door. For some reason, I thought I would revert back to my old self, and be scared. But I wasn't, I had this freeing feeling when I saw my twa.

Now I always find myself looking at numerous youtube videos, natural hair blogs, tweets everything I can think of. Trying to figure out what I can do to keep my hair natural, but most importantly, healthy.

It's going to take a lot of work, and patience, but I am looking forward to it. This is a journey that I don't mind taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment